Liquid friction modifier
The liquid friction modifier permits to obtain a “positive” friction during the contact wheel tread / top of rail.
- Application recommended on the top of rail thanks to:
- An application system installed on trackside or in the ground.
- On board application system
- Adjustable to all rail profiles (tramway, metro, freight locomotive or passenger train).
- Drop on the wheel flange a thin and dry film.
- Permits a friction regulation of the wheel/rail contact.
- Planned to be used in curves and determined sites.
- Reduces squeeling noise.
- Delays the apparition of corrugation and reduces its development.
- Reduces the rolling contact fatigue and its effects on the rail.
- Watery solution including a composite material made with inorganic solids, polymer and others additives.
- The application rate of the product is adjustable thanks to the control system of the unit located on the trackside.
- Available in pails of 25kg.
- Stable product, nonvolatile, odorless and miscible to water.